November was another great month! I did so many wonderful things that I have to distill it to bullet points:
- I saw BuzzFeed Ben in conversation with Jayme Poisson talk about BuzzFeed News and the growth of his newsroom
- Got to be a part of the live recording of my favourite podcast, The Allusionist
- I went to hear Lauren Duca speak passionately about young people and what they can do to start a revolution and move the needle forward politically
- It’s an annual tradition of mine to go to the Toronto Christmas market so I went with one of my good friends from university (we met our first week in university during frosh) and we saw Last Christmas in theatres. THAT MOVIE DID HENRY GOLDING SO WRONG!
- The Indigo holiday shopping event was amazing and I picked up some books I’ve been meaning to buy (plus the 30% and 10% off didn’t hurt)
- I attended my first drag show brunch at the Glad Day Bookshop and saw Erin Brockobić and Penelope Strange kill it
- Erin Morgenstern did a reading from The Starless Sea and she signed my copy of that and The Night Circus
- I did my first sake bomb (and did many more after that) and did karaoke for the first time in forever with my coworkers
- I saw The Room for the first time in a theatre and LOVED it! I want to make this an annual thing and I want to bring spoons next time to throw at the screen!
- I heard Megan Twohey speak in conversation with Robyn Doolittle about their groundbreaking investigative reporting
What was your favourite moment from this month? Please let me know! I’d love to hear about it!
Now here’s what I read in November: