Hi, book nerds! I was just beginning to think about what other bookish content I can put on this blog when a nomination came through for the Mystery Blogger Award. I was nominated by the lovely Bailey from The Book Stack. If you aren’t following her reviews, well, what are you waiting for? I’m excited to read your responses and I hope you like getting to know me too.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I am very flexible. Flexible to the point where I can lick my elbows. But I only demonstrate this as a party trick and I have to be at least tipsy to do so.
- I am such a nerd for colours and fonts. I watched Helvetica and absolutely loved it. And whenever Pantone announces the Colour of the Year, I freak out.
- I love to travel. Portugal, Spain, and Greece have been my favourite trips that I’ve gone on. It’s on my bucket list to go to Australia and New Zealand. I’d love to dive in the Great Barrier Reef!
- What book have you been wanting to read, but keep putting off?
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon has been on my list for years. A copy of it is currently gathering dust on my bookshelf. I put it on my April TBR, so here’s hoping I finally get to it!
- Do you dog-ear your pages and write in your books, or do you try to keep them pristine?
Dog-ear?! A book?! I’m sorry, I just can’t ascribe to that. I keep all my books pristine. However, I do highlight, write notes in the margins, and attach sticky notes to them. I can understand why people dog-ear books, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. It feels wrong to me!
- What do you do when you find yourself in a reading slump?
I reread a book from childhood that I really loved, such as Matilda or Harry Potter. If I’m in a hardcore reading slump combined with the lack of motivation to do anything at all, I read The Alchemist. That book always makes me feel better.
- We all know the book is almost always better, but what movie adaptation did you really like?
I was extremely impressed with the Crazy Rich Asians adaptation! In fact, I liked it better than the book. Controversial opinion, I know.
- (Bonus funny question) Would you rather fight a 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
I think I can win against 100 duck-sized horses, but I’d love to try and ride a horse-sized duck.
- Have you watched a movie and then gone back to read the book that it’s based on?
- What’s your ideal reading environment?
- If you could live in one fictional book setting, what would it be?
- What’s one classic you’ve been meaning to read but haven’t gotten around to?
- Do you prefer crunchy or puffs Cheetos?
- Leslie from Books are the New Black
- Divine from The Redefined Reader
- Lilly from Lair of Books
- Lori from Lori’s Bookshelf Reads
- Umairah from Sereadipity
- Hannah from The Hannie Corner
- K from K Does Book Reviews
- Catherine from My Mermaid Tales
- Charlotte from Charlotte Burt’s Books
I look forward to reading everyone’s answers. And thanks again to Bailey for tagging me!