This is my first tag and I was nominated by Beth Jones from The Books are Everywhere. So thank you, Beth!
Now here are the rules, answers to her questions, who I nominate, and my questions!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog?
Questions from Beth
1. When do you read more, day or night?
It’s a mix of both! All my breaks at work are taken up by reading. But I also love to read before I go to bed because nothing relaxes me more.
2. How many unread books do you own?
Oh no… I’m too ashamed if you make me count and give an actual number. Let’s just say it’s less than 50 but more than 30. Yikes. I’m working on it, ok! Most of my 2019 TBR has to do with dusting off those books and finally reading them. And so far, I have to say I’m doing a pretty good job!
3. Which 2019 release are you super excited for?
It’s out now, but it was Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Now it’s Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi.
4. Which authors are on your auto-buy list?
5. Which book do you hate/dislike and everyone loves?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. Don’t get me started on that book. I do not understand the hype about it. Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks this!
6. Name a book or series you’d love to see as a movie or TV show.
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid and The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton.
7. How many books are too many in a series?
Anything above three. And sometimes, I think anything above two. I’ve really been loving duologies lately!
8. Name your favourite bookish group of friends.
I mean, don’t we all wish we had friends like the women in The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants?
9. Which book(s) do you have fond memories of?
This was a no-brainer — it’s Harry Potter. I received the first three books as a birthday present from my aunt when I was eight years old and I’ve never looked back.
My mom would get me the subsequent books from Costco the day they were released and I would read them in a day. My parents knew that I was not to be disturbed when a new Harry Potter book was out!
I dressed up for the movie premieres and even got to see an early screening of Deathly Hallows: Part 1 in university.
That series will always hold such a special place in my heart because I remember being so engaged with the books. And I learned so many valuable things!
10. What’s your favourite bookish map?
It has to be Narnia! But the Game of Thrones map is amazing too.
11. Other than reading, what do you love to do?
I love to take workout classes, binge-watch Terrace House, and knit!
- Books and Travelling with Lynn
- Hammrock of Books
- Literary Intoxicated
- Spoilers May Apply
- Charlotte Burt’s Books
- The Bookish Green Tea
- Tea Reads
- The Hannie Corner
- Amicable Reads
- These Paper Words
- My Mermaid Tales
- Do you read outside your comfort zone or do you find yourself sticking to what you know and love?
- Where’s your favourite place to read?
- What was your favourite book you read growing up?
- Name one fictional character who inspires you.
- What goes well with a book: tea or coffee? And how do you take it?
- Create the ultimate bookish squad with 4 fictional characters all from different books.
- Worst book to movie adaptation?
- If you could write fanfiction about one bookish world, what would it be?
- Do you set yourself a TBR or do you read whatever you want at any time?
- What’s one book you’d recommend everyone read?
- Hardcover or paperback?
Thank you for reading and I hope you decide to join me in this tag. Leave your answers to the questions down below in a comment!
P.S. Make sure to check out Beth from The Books are Everywhere!